Guide for enabling and minting sSCRT tokens on Keplr wallet
Hello Secret Agents! This is a guide for enabling and minting sSCRT on Keplr wallet!
A few words about Keplr
Keplr is an ambitious project and a wallet (currently available in the form of a Chrome browser extension) developed by Chainapsis. It is anticipated that Keplr will be central to the Cosmos ecosystem post IBC protocol’s implementation. We can safely assume that Keplr will be to Cosmos what Metamask is to the Ethereum ecosystem.
Keplr is also the first decentralized wallet with access recovery available in the Cosmos ecosystem, marking a milestone for the entire Cosmos community!
A few words about the Secret Network
One of the first Cosmos SDK projects that Keplr has been providing support for, is the Secret Network and $SCRT coin.
Secret Network is the first blockchain with privacy-preserving smart contracts. This means that applications built on Secret Network can utilize encrypted data without revealing it to anyone, including the nodes in the network. For the first time, Secret Network allows developers to build powerful, permissionless, privacy-preserving applications — Secret Apps.
Privacy is a fundamental human right.
Permissionless blockchains are public by default. This means that all the data used in smart contracts is exposed to everyone offering only pseudonymity at best. For blockchain technology to achieve global adoption, users and organizations need control over how their data is used — they can’t just expose it to everyone. Secret Network solves the problem of the lack of privacy on public permissionless ledgers, helping to secure and scale the decentralized web.
There are myriads of legitimate use-cases that can be applied to DLT and Secret Network could be utilized to this end i.e. so that the fundamental right to privacy is preserved and protected (whether that is medical or any kind of sensitive, private data).
A few words about sSCRT
sSCRT (or SecretSCRT) is a privacy-preserving, fungible Secret Token that is backed by SCRT, the native currency of Secret Network. “sSCRT” is the first implementation of the SNIP-20 standard. It allows you to deposit X amount of SCRT (which is not private by itself) and obtain X amount of secretSCRT, the wrapped privacy token.
For a general understanding of sSCRT please read: https://scrt.network/blog/secret-scrt-privacy-tokens-mainnet
For a deeper dive into technical aspects of sSCRT please visit: https://github.com/enigmampc/secretSCRT
sSCRT is live on main net
It was only recently that privacy tokens went live on Secret Network’s main net and Keplr was the first wallet to engage in active development and GUI implementation of sSCRT (secretSCRT) tokens.
Currently sSCRT tokens can be viewed, minted, sent or received on Keplr wallet.
How to enable sSCRT on Keplr
- In order to be able to use the function of enabling sSCRT on Keplr, you will need to have Keplr installed on your Chrome extensions.
2. Next you will need to visit Keplr’s homepage at: https://wallet.keplr.app/#/dashboard
2. Then you will need to click on the Secret Secret on the left row and you will be presented with the secret SCRT tab showing your balances on both SCRT and sSCRT (secret SCRT)
3. A window will pop up and the contract number for sSCRT, namely: secret1k0jntykt7e4g3y88ltc60czgjuqdy4c9e8fzek will be automatically filled.
4. All you need to do is click on Create so that a viewing key is created upon paying the fee for issuing it;
5. Set the fee (to Average or High) and click on Set Fee;
Please note: a. this transaction only needs to be made once; b. choose an average or high setting for the fee in order to ensure it goes through.
6. You can now Approve the transaction!
7. Upon the transaction finalizing, you will return to the following window whereby you click Submit.
8. You are now ready to transact and convert your SCRT to sSCRT (secretSCRT) and vice versa (see section below Minting sSCRT)!
9. You will be able to receive your sSCRT on the same address as your SCRT address. You can then choose to send either SCRT or sSCRT (by clicking on the Chrome extension icon and navigating to the SCRT wallet) as indicated in the picture below:
Many thanks to Secret Network’s TG member pete blank for the help, discussions, feedback on the early stages of the implementation of the wallet!
All you have to do, while being on the dashboard of Keplr on Chrome https://wallet.keplr.app/#/dashboard is to click on Secret Secret and get to the option above where you can mint sSCRT directly from SCRT!!
You can convert either convert from SCRT to sSCRT or from SCRT to sSCRT!!
Conversion rate is 1:1
PLEASE NOTE: Transactions from SCRT to sSCRT or from SCRT to sSCRT don’t show up on the block explorers and remain private! This is a great privacy preserving feature unique to the Secret Network!!
For a thorough video guide enabling and minting sSCRT, please see: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WckkRRpASRA&feature=youtu.be
For a thorough guide on the Keplr wallet please visit the article published by Daniela Pavin on Medium: https://catdotfish.medium.com/how-to-use-keplr-wallet-40afc80907f6